Information Technology Infrastructure
Are you looking for a job that is in high demand? Do you want to advance your career in IT management? If so, the Information Technology Infrastructure (ITI) program at the University of Minnesota is for you.
Achieve Your Career Goals
Combining real-world experience with theory, this program will prepare you to:
- Advance to higher-level technical, supervisory, and leadership positions
- Design, construct, and manage IT operations
- Address the IT infrastructure challenges of a dynamic global business climate, including distributed Web and mobile systems
- Contribute technical expertise in a specialized IT infrastructure area
- Apply strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills to business objectives
Focus on Key IT Areas
Designed by University faculty and IT professionals, this flexible, interdisciplinary program includes courses in:
- Systems and network administration
- Data management and security
- Organizational and quality management
- Leadership and communication
Capitalize on Employment Trends
The U.S. Department of Labor has identified information technology as the fastest growing sector in the economy. Demand for network, computer systems, and data administration is expected to increase much faster than the national average through the year 2016.
Practical, Real-World Degree Program
The Bachelor of Applied Science degree is a nationally recognized, four-year practitioner-oriented degree. The curriculum is designed and the courses are taught by industry professionals and University faculty. ITI faculty focus on actual business issues and relate classroom experiences to the workplace. The ITI program is:
- Industry-driven and grounded in current industry practices and technologies
- Multidisciplinary, to help you develop the broad base of knowledge you'll need in the field
- Supportive, with small classes, responsive advisers, and easy access to faculty
- Flexible, with evening and online courses
Effective fall 2014, students entering the IT Infrastructure major will be required to complete the University of Minnesota Liberal Education Requirements as part of their bachelor's degree. See the Degree Requirements page for more information.