Spring 2013 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 18, 2013; 10:00am
Ted Mann Concert Hall, West Bank campus
Students eligible to participate:
• CCE graduate-degree students (Master of Liberal Studies, Master of Biological Sciences, Master of Professional Studies in Horticulture, and Master of Professional Studies in Integrated Behavioral Health) who have completed their program Fall 2012, or intend to graduate by August 31, 2013.
• CCE undergraduate-degree students (Bachelor of Applied Science, Inter-College Program, Multidisciplinary Studies, and Program for Individualized Learning) who have applied to be granted a degree in fall 2012, spring 2013, or summer 2013.
• CCE credit-bearing certificate students (graduate and undergraduate levels) who will complete certificates fall 2012, spring 2013, or summer 2013.
Please RSVP by May 3. Tickets are not required and you may invite any number of guests to the ceremony. However, if you plan to attend, please submit your RSVP so we can plan for your attendance.
If you have questions about the RSVP process or deadline, please contact Peggy Phan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cap and Gown Information
Cap and gown arrangements (Note: certificate students wear gown-only) should be made by May 3. Contact the Bookstore to order at www.bookstores.umn.edu
To request disability accommodations, please contact Megan Seltz at email@example.com.
Reminders for Students Nearing Completion
Graduation Clearance Process
Graduate students who intend to graduate by August 31, 2013, must be cleared by their programs. Contact your program office if you need assistance with degree completion forms.
Graduation Review and preparation
- Print an APAS report and schedule a graduation review advising appointment
- Review the Undergraduate Student Graduation Checklist
Graduation Clearance Process
At the end of the semester that you have applied to graduate, your file is reviewed for all requirements. If all requirements are successfully completed, the CCE staff "clear" you to graduate. The Office of the Registrar will then post the degree to your transcript. If any requirements are missing, graduation is postponed and you are notified by CCE of the missing requirements.
Graduation with Distinction
To graduate with distinction students must have completed 60 or more semester credits at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75 - 3.89 is required for graduation "with distinction." A cumulative GPA of 3.90 - 4.00 is required for graduation "with high distinction." This award is based solely on a student's cumulative GPA and no application is required.
Graduation with Latin Honors
Students must be enrolled in and complete the University Honors Program to graduate with Latin Honors (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude). Students may obtain a degree with both Latin Honors and with distinction. For more information, see the University Honors Program.
Please take the Graduation Survey. Your responses will help us improve programs, services, and the student experience. It will also provide valuable information to current and prospective students. Thank you!