2014 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 10, 2014; 10:00 a.m.
Northrop – Minneapolis East Bank campus
Students eligible to participate:
• CCE graduate-degree students (Master of Liberal Studies, Master of Biological Sciences, Master of Professional Studies in Horticulture, and Master of Professional Studies in Integrated Behavioral Health) who have completed their program Fall 2013, or intend to graduate by August 31, 2014.
• CCE undergraduate-degree students (Bachelor of Applied Science, Inter-College Program, Multidisciplinary Studies, and Program for Individualized Learning) who have applied to be granted a degree in fall 2013, spring 2014, or summer 2014.
• CCE credit-bearing certificate students (graduate and undergraduate levels) who will complete certificates fall 2013, spring 2014, or summer 2014.
Please RSVP by April 25. Tickets are not required and you may invite any number of guests to the ceremony. However, if you plan to attend, please submit your RSVP so we can plan for your attendance.
If you have questions about the RSVP process or deadline, please contact Peggy Phan at email@example.com.
Cap and Gown Information
Cap and gown arrangements (Note: certificate students wear gown-only) should be made by April 25. Contact the Bookstore to order.
To request disability accommodations, please contact Megan Seltz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminders for Students Nearing Completion.
Graduation Clearance Process
Graduate students who intend to graduate by August 31, 2014, must be cleared by their programs. Contact your program office if you need assistance with degree completion forms.
If you plan to complete your program by August 31, 2014, and wish to participate in the ceremony, please notify your program ASAP.
Graduation Review and Preparation
• Print an APAS report and schedule a graduation review advising appointment
• Review the Undergraduate Student Graduation Checklist
Graduation Clearance Process
At the end of the semester in which you have applied to graduate, your file is reviewed for all requirements. If all requirements are successfully completed, the CCE staff "clear" you to graduate. The Office of the Registrar will then post the degree to your transcript. If any requirements are missing, your graduation is postponed and you are notified by CCE of the missing requirements.
Graduation with Distinction
To graduate with distinction, students must have completed 60 or more semester credits at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75–3.89 is required for graduation "with distinction." A cumulative GPA of 3.90–4.00 is required for graduation "with high distinction." This award is based solely on a student's cumulative GPA, and no application is required.
Graduation with Latin Honors
Students must be enrolled in and complete the University Honors Program to graduate with Latin Honors (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude). Students may obtain a degree with both Latin Honors and “with distinction.” For more information, see the University Honors Program section of the Undergraduate Catalog (starts on page 35).