Discounts and Financial Aid
Certificate Student Enrollment Discounts
- All noncredit certificate students receive a $20 discount on each course in their certificate program. Discount is available after students have registered in the appropriate certificate program.
- Register using the Individual Discount registration option. Sign up for all courses in a certificate program in one transaction and receive an additional discount (may not be available for all certificates, see each individual certificate for options and discount).
Training Program Funds
- All noncredit professional development courses offered through the College of Continuing Education are pre-approved for funding through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)'s dislocated worker program. Additionally, individuals may receive a 10-percent discount on courses. More information on the dislocated worker program or WIA funding can be found on the WIA-Certified Professional Education Courses Web page.
- Register three or more people from the same organization and receive 10 percent off the course total for each student. Buy a block of seats for your organization with our Volume Discount and save up to 35 percent. For more information on a Volume Discount contact us at 612-625-4207 or e-mail us at CCEbusn@umn.edu.
- Members of the following organizations or associations are eligible for a 10-percent discount. If your organization or association is not listed please contact us at 612-624-4000 for consideration.
- The University of Minnesota Alumni Association (UMAA)
- The Midwest Society of Association Executives (MSAE)
- The Minnesota Council for Quality (MCQ)
- The Project Management Institute (PMI)
- The International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
University of Minnesota Staff Discount
- All U of M staff is eligible for a 50-percent discount on noncredit professional development courses. Course not included: noncredit test preparation and Successful Manager's Leadership Program.
Financial Aid Resources
College of Continuing Education grants and scholarships
Grants and scholarships are intended to help adult learners who have had to delay or interrupt their education for more than two years. Awards can range from $500 to $2,200, many of which do not need to be repaid. Visit our Financial Aid Web page for more information and application forms.
Financial Resources Wizard
Visit the online Financial Resources Wizard, an interactive Web tool designed to identify financial aid options that match your situation.