Manufacturing Operations Management Certificate
At a Glance
Format: Blended classroom/online; fully online
Admission: Fall Semester: July 15;
Spring Semester: November 15;
Summer Term: April 15
Discover Your Leadership Abilities
The Manufacturing Operations Management Certificate is for anyone who wishes to build on their existing academic background and work experience to develop professionally in the dynamic global manufacturing sector. Guided by industry professionals, you will study the most recent practices and technologies and understand them from the perspective of competitive business demands. The industry-driven curriculum emphasizes hands-on learning and application as well as theory, allowing you to use what you've learned right away.
Manufacturing, "the engine that drives the American economy," is the third largest industry in Minnesota, and has been steadily growing in many areas to keep pace with technological change. Opportunities are greatest for individuals with the ability to enhance productivity and innovation, a value which the certificate program can add to your portfolio. These opportunities are expected to increase even more as the economy recovers, and also in response to accelerating "baby boomer" retirements.
Why Choose the Certificate in Manufacturing Operations Management?
- This Certificate will help you develop in-demand skills and knowledge in a range of key technical and business areas to help you advance within your organization, or increase your chances of being hired for a position with growth potential. These include
- manufacturing processes and systems;
- quality, cost control, and regulation;
- supply chain management;
- business finance, operations, project management, communication.
- If a degree is also in your future, the curriculum is aligned with the Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Manufacturing Operations Management and can be applied to credits toward the degree.
- Evening and online classes fit easily into your busy schedule.