Admission, Registration, and Completion
To be admitted into the certificate program, you must have
- 60 semester college credits already completed;
- a recommended minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher.
If you have completed a bachelor's degree, your application will be individually reviewed with particular emphasis on your most recent course work.
Admission to the certificate program is recommended after you complete the first course.
In most cases, previous college credit or certificate courses may be applied toward an undergraduate degree. You should discuss this possibility with your adviser.
Although you may take one or two program courses before applying for official admission into the certificate program, we recommend that you apply for admission as soon as possible. Once accepted into the program, you will receive timely program updates and course registration information along with admitted student benefits.
You can apply for the program by completing the Application for Certificate Admission form.
If you have questions or miss the deadline, contact the Information Center at 612-624-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Application Term||Final Deadline|
|Fall semester||July 15|
|Spring semester||November 15|
|Summer term||April 15|
To be awarded an Accounting certificate you must
- complete a minimum of 54-56 semester credits (these credits do not include prerequisite work):
- 6-8 semester credits of introductory accounting course work,
- 24 semester credits of upper-division accounting course work, and
- 24 semester credits of business-related course work (the introductory accounting course work may not be used to meet the requirements in this category);
- complete an Application for Undergraduate Degree form online (the words "degree" and "certificate" are used interchangeably on the form);
- complete all courses with a grade of C- or better;
- receive a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all courses;
- complete the certificate within four years of your admission date.