The Construction Management bachelor's degree is an "advanced standing" admission program, meaning applicants fulfill 45+ lower-division credits prior to applying to "major status." However, for early access to financial aid, advising, and other resources, you can apply for "pre-major" status after 30 transferable credits.
We conduct a holistic review of application materials and consider recent grades when making admission decisions.
Pre-major Admission Criteria
- 30 transferable credits
- 2.5+ GPA
- Demonstrated interest in field
Major-status Admission Criteria
- 45 transferable credits
- 2.5+ GPA
- Completion (or in progress): Calculus 1, Physics 1, Building, and Construction Plan Reading with grade of C- or better.
- Construction Management Minor
- Facility Management Minor Application
- Enrolled in, or a graduate of, an undergraduate degree program at the University of Minnesota
- Construction Management Certificate
- At least 45 semester credits of completed course work
- 2.5+ GPA (If you do not have a cumulative 2.5 GPA but have relevant professional experience, contact an adviser regarding your admission).