The Manufacturing Operations Managment bachelor's degree is an "advanced standing" admission program, meaning applicants fulfill 45+ lower-division credits prior to applying to "major status." However, for early access to financial aid, advising, and other resources, you can apply for "pre-major" status after 30 transferable credits.
Pre-major Admission Criteria
- 30 transferable credits
- 2.5+ GPA
- Demonstrated interest in field
Major-status Admission Criteria
- 45 transferable credits
- 2.5+ GPA
- Completion (or in progress): Short Calculus or Calculus 1, Physics with Lab, Chemistry
- Manufacturing Operations Management Minor
- Minor Application
- Enrolled in or a graduate of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Minnesota
Secondary Review Factors
- Evidence of exceptional achievement, aptitude, or personal accomplishment not reflected in the academic record.
- A pattern of steady improvement in academic performance.
- Participation in extracurricular programs related to your intended major.
- Nonacademic experience in a field related to your intended major.
- Evidence of exceptional talent or ability in artistic, scholarly, leadership, or athletic performance.
- Evidence that enrollment would enhance the cultural, gender, age, economic, racial, or geographic diversity of the student body.
- Outstanding high school, college, or community involvement.
- Military service.
- Work experience, paid or unpaid.
- Evidence of having overcome social, economic, or physical barriers to educational achievement.
- Extenuating circumstances.
Additional Conditions for Admission
In addition to meeting specific college admission requirements, transfer students must be eligible to return to their previous colleges or universities. The University of Minnesota also reserves the right to deny admission to an otherwise admissible applicant if the University determines that the applicant's enrollment would not be in the applicant's and/or the University's best interest.
- Manufacturing Operations Management Certificate
- At least 45 semester credits of completed course work
- 2.5+ GPA (If you do not have a cumulative 2.5 GPA but have relevant professional experience, contact an adviser regarding your admission)