Conference Planning Services
Does the thought of planning a large program or event seem overwhelming? Do you want to streamline your efforts to ensure that your event runs smoothly? Or, maybe you're concerned about controlling costs?
Conference Planning Services from Start to Finish
The College of Continuing Education offers program and event planning services from start to finish, saving you time and money. We have the experience, resources, staff, and industry contacts to
- recruit, schedule, and manage planning committee meetings;
- develop an educational design to fit your needs and objectives;
- prepare timelines and assign responsibilities;
- recruit speakers and coordinate contracts, travel, and other arrangements;
- prepare honoraria and travel expense reimbursements;
- evaluate program sites and negotiate contracts;
- manage hotel and dormitory needs;
- arrange transportation;
- identify potential sponsors;
- finalize program details (e.g. field trips, tours, and other social activities);
- manage production of materials, abstracts, and proceedings;
- manage on-site activities;
- coordinate and manage exhibit and poster sessions;
- plan meals, refreshments, receptions, and determine final guarantees for food providers;
- design and manage the program evaluation;
- secure professional certification credits;
- arrange for University of Minnesota Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Marketing and Promotion
Showcase your event to attract your target audience by using our highly experienced team of professional marketing specialists, copywriters, and designers.
Marketing Services Available
Our experienced marketing staff will work with you to
- determine the best marketing strategy for promoting your program;
- Brochures, postcards, calls for presentations, e-mail blasts, websites, etc.
- develop a promotion timeline and monitor results to ensure target attendance goals;
- create a distinctive "event brand" with solid copy, creative logos, and eye-catching graphics;
- develop and manage mailing lists and databases and coordinate mailing services;
- coordinate the collection, reproduction, and distribution of materials;
- Handouts, final programs, abstract books, proceedings, and CDs
- serve as the point of contact for potential attendees;
- design and manage an event website.
Event Website Options
You have the option to create a single, easy to maintain web page or a full fledged program website for your event, complete with video, slideshows, and more. Choose from the following options:
- Single standardized web page (for online registration):
- Single page on CCE website
- Page contains a link to online registration and limited description of program
- Single customizable web page:
- Features personalized page header with program name
- Content includes logos, course descriptions, PDF documents, a link to online registration, and additional links and enhancements, if needed
- Multiple-page website:
- Includes navigation links and personalized page header with conference name
- Pages may also contain logos, links to online registration, course descriptions, and content information
Controlling finances for your program or event is critical to success. That's why the College offers budgeting and accounting services to help keep your event on track and to meet your financial goals.
The experts at the College can help you develop a realistic, comprehensive budget plan that includes:
A market analysis of similar events
- Direct (marketing, facilities, printing, course materials, postage, honoraria, food, etc.)
- Indirect (program planning, administrative staff time)
- Revenue opportunities
- Registration fees, exhibitor fees, and sponsorships
Let us function as your accounting service by helping you
- establish an account in the University system;
- negotiate and process contracts;
- process payments for internal and external invoices;
- manage, monitor, collect, and track income and expenses according to University auditor requirements;
- prepare the final budget summary.
The College of Continuing Education offers a number of cutting-edge, Web-based capabilities and tools to help you
- save time and money;
- simplify compilation of information;
- share your program with people who can't attend;
- get your course online;
- coordinate the efforts of your planning team;
- collect and share information.
Abstract/Paper Collection Tool
Do you want to save time and money by collecting abstracts, papers, and contact information on a website customized for your program? The College uses an abstract/paper collection tool that is stored in an easy-to-navigate online database and features:
- Automatically generated e-mail confirmations to individuals following the successful submission of an abstract
- Blind review capabilities
- Ability to customize presentation requirements, such as:
- Topic areas
- Presentation durations
- Presentation methods
- Equipment needs
- Review criteria
- Electronic review and compilation of reviewers' responses
- A link to online event registration
- Reporting tools to simplify compilation of information for an abstract or proceedings book, CD-ROM, or Web site.
Web Conferencing Tools
Looking for ways to share your program with individuals unable to attend? The College of Continuing Education can offer a variety of Web conferencing or blended options to meet your needs, including
- live Webcasting: streaming video of your conference online for attendees at a remote location;
- video capture and PowerPoint integration;
- Creates online document that combines video of your presentation integrated with your PowerPoint, that can be accessed online a few days after the conference
- audio and video capture.
Online Course Development Tools
Get your course online using
- instructional design for effective online learning;
- course site development using Moodle;
- multimedia elements (e.g. flash animations, learning objects, audio and video elements, recorded presentations);
- copy editing of course content;
- copyright research and permissions;
- pilot testing and proofreading.
When it comes to event registration, you can leave the details to us.
Full-service Conference and Event Registration Services
Our staff of experienced planners will
- design and develop registration forms;
- provide a secure server for online registration;
- process registration billing and payments including;
- Credit Card
- Purchase Order
- University of Minnesota EFS number
- link your Web site to online registration;
- process online, fax, and mail registrations;
- respond to phone or e-mail inquiries;
- send registration confirmations via mail or e-mail;
- process cancellations;
- provide up-to-date registration counts, workshop attendance, meal options, social event selections, and other information;
- manage on-site check-in and registration.