Construction Management Major
Improve your skills and knowledge of the construction process from the conceptual development stage through the final construction phase with a major in construction management. Taught by U of M faculty and industry experts, this construction management major will give you tools you can apply immediately on the job.
The construction management program is
- grounded in current industry practices and technologies;
- multidisciplinary, to help you develop the broad base of knowledge needed by today’s professionals;
- supportive, with small classes, responsive advisers, and easy access to faculty;
- flexible, with evening and online courses.
Build Your Career
Whether you're a working professional seeking a part-time program or a full-time student with a strong interest in a construction career, this degree will prepare you for a leadership role. Gain essential knowledge in
- design and construction technologies;
- construction estimating;
- contracts and specifications;
- construction project management;
- results measurement;
- quality assurance.
In addition to core construction management competencies, choose one of four tracks:
- Commercial Construction
- Facility Management
- Highway Heavy and Civil Works
- Residential Construction