Career Outlook for the Industry
- 2,233 metro construction manager positions (218,685 nationally)
- $42.83/hr metro construction manager salary ($39.80/hr nationally)
- 42% of Midwest general contractors have trouble filling project manager positions now*
- 44% of Midwest general contractors predict it will become harder in the next year*
- 23.7% metro increase (2010-14) in demand for construction managers (8.1% nationally)
- 4.2% projected metro increase (2014-18) in demand for construction managers (4.9% nationally)
Source, except where noted: Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI), pulled April 2014.
*Associated General Contractors of America 2014 Construction Outlook Survey Results
The U partners with industry to develop programs that help students meet tomorrow's challenges. View our industry partners.
CCE graduates aim high. The hard work and expertise gained here result in sought-after positions around the country. Below is a snapshot of information we collected about our construction management alumni in the first year after graduation (figures are averages of the years 2010−2015).
- Paid employment: 90%
- Closely/somewhat related to major: 82%
- Median income: $51,056
Here are just some of the positions our graduates were able to secure:
|Corporate Sustainability Coordinator||Construction Control Representative||Field Engineer|
|Project Manager||Project Coordinator||Estimator|
|Vice President||Senior Designer||Superintendent|
|Regional Accounts Manager||Engineering Technician II||Assistant Project Manager/Dispatcher|
|Field Project Manager||Property Claims Adjuster||Field Construction Manager|
|Test Shop Technician||Contractor|
- Career and Internship Services | Construction job search help and more information about our recent graduates
- GoldPASS | Connects students and alumni with organizations that provide employment, volunteer opportunities, and internships
Career Details by Track
Learn more about "a day in the life" of professionals in areas served by the degree tracks below.