Admission, Registration, and Completion
To be admitted into the certificate program, you must have
- at least 45 semester credits of completed course work;
- a preferred performance level of a 2.5 or better in your undergraduate- or graduate-level work; if you do not have a cumulative 2.5 GPA but have relevant professional experience, contact an adviser regarding your admission.
Although you may take one or two program courses before applying for official admission into the certificate program, we recommend that you apply for admission as soon as possible. Once accepted into the program, you will receive timely program updates and course registration information along with admitted student benefits.
|Application Term||Final Deadline|
|Fall semester||July 15|
|Spring semester||November 15|
|Summer term||April 15|
Using Certificates in Degree Programs
Many of the certificate programs fit into a degree program; however, you must meet all of the admission requirements of the degree program. The Facility Management undergraduate credit certificate program can apply toward the Construction Management Bachelor of Applied Science degree program. If you plan to use this certificate in this degree program, please consult with an adviser first.
To be awarded a Facility Management certificate you must
- complete an Application for Undergraduate Degree form online (the words "degree" and "certificate" are used interchangeably on the form);
- deadlines must be confirmed to graduate during a specific term;
- complete all courses with a grade of C- or better (core courses must be taken for a letter grade; elective courses may be taken on the A/F grading basis or the S/N grading basis);
- receive a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better in all courses;
- complete the certificate within four years of your admission date.