GMAT Prep: Online and On Campus
Prepare for the GMAT with a University of Minnesota Course
Learn test-taking strategies to prepare for the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections of the GMAT. This course will help you
- optimize your score on the GMAT;
- learn proven methods for dealing with each type of question;
- work with test simulation exercises.
GMAT prep courses are available either online or on the University of Minnesota Minneapolis campus. Early registration for GMAT prep courses is encouraged, as courses often sell out.
About the GMAT
On June 5, 2012, the GMAT exam introduced Integrated Reasoning (IR), a section designed to measure your ability to evaluate information presented in multiple formats from multiple sources. The GMAT exam is 3 hours, 30 minutes (four hours with breaks). The Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) contains one Analysis of an Argument essay. Immediately after the essay question, the IR section begins. Test takers have optional breaks before and after the Quantitative sections. The GMAT is a computer adjusted test (CAT) for the Verbal and Quantitative sections, but not for the AW or IR sections. Test takers get separate Quantitative and Verbal scores and a Total score. A separate AWA and a separate IR score also is given.
Visit the MBA website for the most up-to-date information.
About the On-Campus GMAT Prep Course
An on-campus University of Minnesota GMAT prep course will give you
- expert instruction by experienced math, verbal, and writing educators;
- strategy lessons and practice exercises;
- customized, personal feedback on your writing;
- quality GMAT test preparation, competitively priced.
Your tuition includes
- three GMAT prep texts;
- CD-ROM (PC) that simulates the GMAT test environment and scoring;
- supplemental handouts.
About the Online GMAT Prep Course
The University of Minnesota online GMAT prep course is self-directed, offering the chance to work at your own pace. You can take up to five months from the time you register to complete the course.
Your tuition includes
- GMAT prep course materials;
- a password to access the online GMAT prep course.