Admission, Registration, and Completion
To be admitted into the certificate program, you must have
- at least 45 semester credits of completed course work;
- a preferred performance level of a 2.5 or better in your undergraduate or graduate-level work; if you do not have a cumulative 2.5 GPA but have relevant professional experience, contact an adviser regarding your admission;
- exposure to operating systems and lower-level programming languages such as C or Java is desirable.
Although you may take one or two program courses before applying for official admission into the certificate program, we recommend that you apply for admission as soon as possible. Once accepted into the program, you will receive timely program updates and course registration information along with admitted student benefits.
|Application Term||Final Deadline|
|Fall semester||July 15|
|Spring semester||November 15|
|Summer term||April 15|
Using Certificates in Degree Programs
Many of the certificate programs fit into a degree program; however, you must meet all of the admission requirements of the degree program. The IT Infrastructure undergraduate credit certificate program can apply toward the IT Infrastructure Bachelor of Applied Science degree program. If you plan to use this certificate in this degree program, please consult with an adviser first.
To be awarded an IT Infrastructure certificate, you must
- complete an Application for Undergraduate Degree form (the words "degree" and "certificate" are used interchangeably on the form; it is important for you to check the deadlines if you want to graduate in a specific term);
- complete all courses in the certificate with a grade of C- or better;
- take all courses in this certificate for a letter grade (on the A/F grading basis);
- receive a cumulative GPA for all certificate courses of 2.00 or better;
- complete the certificate within four years of your admission date.