Admission, Registration, and Completion
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Superior language skills in English and at least one other language.
We regularly offer all bilingual certificate courses for English/Spanish speakers. Courses for other language pairs are offered based on demand. Some courses can be taken by speakers of any language. Please call 612-625-0591 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We are only accepting students for the Certificate in Interpreting, Health Care Interpreting Track. The courses for the Legal Interpreting Track may still be offered but students will not be officially admitted to this track. Please contact our office with questions.
- Complete the Language Background Form
- Complete bilingual writing samples using the Writing Sample Form
- Complete the Undergraduate Application for Certificate Admission
|Application Term||Final Deadline|
|Fall semester||July 15|
|Spring semester||November 15|
|Summer term||April 15|
Returning students can register online.
New students must be activated for non-degree registration and initiate their University account before registration.*
- To activate your account for non-degree registration, visit One Stop.
- To initiate your University account, visit the Student Internet Account Initiation site.
- To register online, conduct a web registration by visiting One Stop.
- To register in person, go to 20 Nicholson Hall, 216 Pillsbury Drive S.E.
- For more information on registration, call 612-625-0591 or visit One Stop.
*Please contact the program before registering for a class to plan an appropriate course sequence.
For current information on where and when classes are offered, visit One Stop.
- Submit the Application for Degree form.
Note: The words “degree” and “certificate” are used interchangeably on this form. The form should be submitted during your last term of registration for your certificate.