The certificate consists of 16 credits:
- Required core courses — 6 credits
- Elective courses — 10 credits
Some of the courses have prerequisites. The core course MM 3001 is the only prerequisite that also counts toward the certificate credits. Courses with prerequisites other than 3001 are noted below with an asterisk. Professional experience, however, can often substitute for such prerequisite course work.
- MM 3001 Manufacturing in a Global Economy (3 cr)
Prerequisite for many of the MM electives; recommended as a first course.
- MM 4102 Manufacturing Operations (3 cr)
MM 3001 is a prerequisite.
Technical Electives (10 credits minimum)
- MM 3205 Engineering for Manufacturing Operations (3 cr)
- MM 3305 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing
- MM 4011 Design of Manufacturing Systems and Simulations (3 cr)
- MM 4012 Manufacturing Processes and Technology (3 cr)
- MM 4035 Global Supply Chain Management (3 cr)*
- MM 4039 Manufacturing Outsourcing Decisions (2 cr)*
- MM 4045 Regulated Industry Compliance (3 cr)
- MM 4201 Quality Engineering and Process Improvement (3 cr)*
- MM 4311 Sustainable Lean Manufacturing (2 cr)
- MM 4501 Capstone (3 cr)
- MM 4596 Internship (1-4 cr)
* Courses with prerequisites other than MM 3001.