At a Glance
- 13% of Minnesota jobs are in manufacturing.
- New vacancies in all sectors are being generated as baby boomers begin to retire in unprecedented numbers.
- 85% of these emerging manufacturing jobs in Minnesota will require advanced education, with 20% requiring a bachelor’s degree.
About Manufacturing Operations Management
In the emerging global marketplace, revitalized and high-tech manufacturing continues to be the core sector propelling the U.S. economy. Constant innovation and quality improvement in both processes and products are essential for its survival.
Technology is viewed broadly in this cross-functional, interdisciplinary curriculum, with a focus on how it is integrated across the manufacturing enterprise. MM’s key themes are
- manufacturing processes and technologies;
- quality engineering and process improvement;
- global supply chain management;
- additive manufacturing;
- regulatory compliance;
- global business technology;
- business and human dimension.
CCE graduates aim high. The hard work and expertise gained here result in sought-after positions around the country. Below is a snapshot of information we collected about our MM alumni in the first year after graduation (figures are averages of the years 2009-15).
Paid employment: 87%
Closely/somewhat related to major: 79%
Median income: $56,811
Here are just some of the positions our graduates were able to secure:
|Lead Designer||Quality Engineer|
|Area Supervisor||Logistics Management Associate|
|Process Development Engineer||Technical Product Manager|
|Operations Manager||Manufacturing Engineer|
Individuals with experience in production occupations, combined with the knowledge this program provides, will have the best prospects of moving into positions of responsibility, such as:
- Operations Project Leader
- Supply Chain Manager
- Materials Manager
- Production Planner
- Operations Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Quality Auditor
- Quality Manager
Career and Internship Services | Manufacturing-specific job search help and more information about our recent graduates
GoldPASS | Connects students and alumni with organizations that provide employment, volunteer opportunities, and internships