Master of Biological Sciences
The Master of Biological Sciences (MBS) is a unique, individualized graduate program designed to meet the needs of working adults seeking to advance their expertise in a particular area of modern biology. The degree provides students with relevant, marketable skills to facilitate a change of professional focus or bring added value to their current job.
Why Choose the MBS?
The MBS is:
- Flexible—You can pursue your degree on either a part-time or full-time basis. Both Plan B (research project) and Plan C (coursework only) program options are offered.
- Multidisciplinary—You can select among courses offered by multiple colleges within the University, including the College of Biological Sciences, the Academic Health Center, the College of Food, Agriculture and Natural Resource Sciences, and the College of Continuing Education.
- Career-focused—You can design a program of coursework and directed research tailored to your specific professional goals.
- Rigorous—You can use this program to prepare for a professional school or PhD program.
This program will help you:
- master a body of knowledge in the biosciences and have a thorough understanding of the scientific method and its application
- locate and critically evaluate the primary literature
- communicate scientific information effectively in both written and oral forms
- understand the necessity and importance of bioethics in science