Master of Professional Studies in Arts and Cultural Leadership
At a Glance
Level | Graduate/Master's
Credits | Minimum of 30
Degree Requirements | Courses and Electives
Schedule | Evenings/Saturdays/Online/Daytime
Admission | October 1 (for spring), March 1 (for fall)
Noteworthy | Listen to ACL's cosponsored panel of four powerhouse artistic directors about the future of theater in Minnesota on Minnesota Public Radio.
The Arts and Cultural Leadership (ACL) program is designed for professionals seeking to advance their skills as leaders in arts and cultural fields, and to enhance their experiences as collaborators and facilitators in wider creative communities.
Why an MPS in Arts and Cultural Leadership?
In the ACL program, you have the flexibility to pursue 12 credits of elective coursework leading to potential specializations, including Culture, Place, and Community Leadership; Museum Leadership; Organizational Leadership; or a self-designed focus area.
In addition, the ACL degree allows students to:
- Learn from experts in the arts and cultural field
- Gain experience within a nationally acclaimed and innovative creative and cultural community
- Choose elective coursework from a wide array of disciplines to build on specific interests and goals
- Grow professional networks
- Engage in service learning through a nonprofit, civic board, or commission
- Create a capstone project that synthesizes learning from courses and professional experiences and advances personal goals
Prepare to Lead
Whether you aim to be at the helm of an arts or cultural organization, a voice in cultural advocacy, or a creative force in your community, ACL courses and experiences will enhance your skills in:
- Professional communication
- Creative problem solving
- Fundraising and budgeting
- Relationship building