Online Business Analysis Certificate
At a Glance
Credits: 60 contact hours, 6.0 CEUs
Schedule: Instructor-led, 10 consecutive weeks, with synchronous and asynchronous activities.
Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought onsite to your location. Visit customized training or call 612-624-7261 for more information.
Registration: Register online now.
As the main liaison between business and IT departments, the business analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements and translating them into functional design specifications that can be executed by IT development teams. This certificate helps you develop the competencies that will ensure your success in this role.
- Identify business needs, and the costs and benefits of addressing them technically
- Develop and manage comprehensive solution-based requirements
- Formulate business specifications to develop and implement technical solutions
- Bridge the gap between business and IT with common project definitions and requirements
- Use data modeling techniques to analyze and improve business processes
Business Analysis Course Outline
|Online Certificate program overview (60 contact hours)||Schedule|
Introduction to Business Analysis
Business Solution Scoping and Eliciting Requirements
|Weeks 2 & 3|
Business Requirements Analysis
|Weeks 4 & 5|
Supporting Requirements—Documenting and Managing Requirements, and Validating the Solution
|Weeks 6 & 7|
Stakeholder Management, Business Analysis Planning, and Estimating
|Weeks 8 & 9|
You must register and pay for this course online, with a credit card. Online registration and setup of your username and password are required in order to obtain access to the online course.
1. The username and password that you set up for your registration will be used to access your course. (A valid e-mail address is also a requirement to registration.)
2. Participants will have access to the online course one day prior to the course start date.
Please note: Individuals who are participating in the course must register themselves in online registration. The registrant will receive username, password, and course confirmations directly, and user registrations cannot be transferred.
This course uses several additional outside, free online tools. Students will be asked to create additional login accounts throughout the course.
Logging in to the Online Course
Upon completing your online registration, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration that includes a link to access the course. Click the link provided, and login using the username and password that you created in the registration system for access.
Not interested in an online certificate? Courses can be taken individually on campus. Additional topics include business analysis, communication and personal development, human resource management, and leadership and management. Visit the professional development webpage to view all courses.