Private College Leadership Certificate
At a Glance
Level: Graduate and noncredit
Schedule: Online cohort
Curriculum: Four-course sequence
The Private College Leadership Certificate is a series of four eight-week, graduate-level courses designed for professionals who are currently in or are pursuing leadership roles in the private college sector. The certificate is a University of Minnesota program offered through a partnership between the Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development in the College of Education and Human Development and the College of Continuing Education.
The coursework offers specific knowledge and skills related to innovation in organizational development and change, leadership, entrepreneurship, and decision making necessary for leading in private colleges’s unique context.
Program Options to Suit Your Needs
Current and future academic leaders seeking to enhance their effectiveness in the private college context have four options:
- For-credit graduate certificate: This four-course sequence can be completed online in one year. Participants receive a transcripted graduate certificate from the University of Minnesota. Currently enrolled in a doctoral or master’s degree program? Check with your adviser to find out if some or all 12 credits can be transferred.
- Noncredit certificate: This noncredit certificate is for professionals who desire the same experience as offered in the for-credit certificate, but at a more affordable rate without a transcripted credential.
- À la carte: See a course you like? Enroll in any of the courses to enhance your knowledge of private college leadership challenges and solutions.
- Bethel University EdD program: The 12-credit graduate certificate is a unique opportunity to earn a graduate certificate from the University of Minnesota while simultaneously earning a doctorate from Bethel University. The 12 credits earned in the certificate replace 12 credits in the Bethel University degree programs.
The Bethel−University of Minnesota Partnership
In 2015 the University of Minnesota’s jCENTER for Innovative Higher Education and Bethel University created a partnership to offer Bethel University EdD students the opportunity to gain a specialized graduate-level certificate during their Bethel experience.
- Doctoral students who choose to participate will pay the Bethel University tuition rate for University of Minnesota credits.
- Each course will last eight weeks and be taught entirely online by an expert in the private college sector.
- After completing all four courses, Bethel doctoral students will receive a graduate-level certificate from the University of Minnesota.