Taking Credit Courses

At a Glance

  • Anyone can take credit courses at the U, regardless of whether or not you are in a program.
  • One Stop allows you to search all Twin Cities campus courses. Simply pick a term and area(s) of study. You may further narrow your search by selecting delivery method or course level.
  • If you are interested in being admitted to a U of M degree (which is different from registering for courses individually), see the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or admission links for Graduate and Professional schools.

Taking Classes as a Non-Degree Student

If you take an undergraduate course and are not officially admitted to a U program, you are considered a College of Continuing Education "non-degree" student. No application or transcripts are required. Grades will be listed on your U of M transcript. Credits may count toward a degree program should you be admitted to one in the future (to ensure these credits fulfill your prospective program's requirements, consult with that program ahead of time).

If you would like to speak with someone about your options, contact the CCE Information Center at 612-624-4000 or cceinfo@umn.edu. We also offer walk-in advising at our St. Paul campus office every weekday from 10 a.m. until 1p.m.