- Cost: $3,780–$3,784.50, reflects 10% discount for registering all courses in certificate at once - call 612-624-4000 to take advantage of this option
- Credits: 36 contact hours, 3.6 CEUs
- Courses: 9-10 required to complete certificate
- Location: University of Minnesota Saint Paul campus; free parking available nearby
- Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought to your location.
This certificate will give you up-to-date human resource practices at the technical, operational, and strategic management levels. Whether you have HR experience or just want to build your career, our Human Resource Generalist Certificate is designed to prepare you for success.
- Design recruitment, selection, and staffing strategies
- Explore benefit practices and trends
- Gain practical skills to lead organization development interventions
- Build positive employee and labor relations
Choose 9−10 courses to complete required 60 contact hours for certificate
|Communicating in the Moment (6 hours)||$420|
|Design On-Boarding Programs (6 hours)||$420|
|Employee Benefits Practices and Trends (6 hours)||$420|
|Employee and Labor Relations (6 hours)||$420|
|Fundamentals of Organization Development (12 hours)||$845|
|Introduction to Human Resource Practices (6 hours)||$420|
|Investigations and Documentation (6 hours)||$420|
|Legal Issues for Human Resources (6 hours)||$420|
|Principles of Employee Compensation (6 hours)||$420|
|Staffing: Recruitment and Selection (6 hours)||$420|
|Human Resources as a Business Partner (6 hours)||$420|
|The Art and Practice of Facilitation (6 hours)||$420|
|The Human Resource Audit (6 hours)||$420|
|The Internal Consultant (6 hours)||$420|
|Workforce Metrics and Analytics (6 hours)||$420|
|Workforce Talent Assessment and Planning (6 hours)||$420|
|Writing Policies and Procedures (6 hours)||$420|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually. See the list of professional development courses.
Professional Development Digital Badges
The College is now offering digital badges with the completion of a professional development certificate. Learn more.