- Term Dates (2017): May Session starts May 22; Summer Session starts June 12
- Undergraduate Tuition (2018): $492.31/credit (resident). See full tuition details
- Graduate Tuition: Varies by program of admission and residency. See full details
- Other Costs: Additional fees may apply
- Eligibility: Need not be admitted to a degree
Summer courses at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities provide a unique opportunity for your personal, professional, and academic enrichment.
What If I'm Not an Admitted U of M Student?
If you are not formally admitted to a University of Minnesota degree or certificate program, you are considered a nondegree (sometimes called visiting or non-admitted) student. This includes students who may be:
- admitted for a future semester at the University of Minnesota
- degree-seeking at another institution but taking classes at the University
- high school students
Unadmitted students follow different registration procedures, are exempt from some types of fees, and have access to most University resources.
If you have any additional questions about your status, contact the College of Continuing Education at 612-624-4000; firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Key Dates
Admitted student registration
Guest student registration starts
May session begins
Summer session begins*
*Start dates vary. See the academic calendar for more information.
Courses and Registration
Finding a Course
You can enroll in a University course as long as you meet the prerequisites. We offer online, evening, and daytime courses.
- Go to the University of Minnesota Schedule Builder.
- Select a campus and Summer term from the pull-down menus.
- Hit Search.
- Select additional criteria based on what type of course you are looking for.
- Hit Search again.
You can find course descriptions in the University catalog.
Registering for a Course
- Admitted students: Follow standard registration processes.
- Nondegree/guest students: Visit One Stop's nondegree/guest student registration page for instructions.
- Auditing a course
- Taking a course as a senior citizen
- Requesting disability accommodations
- Taking a course as an international student. Rules differ for admitted and non-admitted students. Consult International Student and Scholars Services.
Changing Your Registration
All changes must be done officially (in person at a One Stop Student Services Center, online, or by mail or fax), and they are effective on the date received, not the day you stop attending class. Read the class policies on One Stop, especially if you receive financial aid, if you are a veteran, or if your change requires approval from your college's scholastic committee.
Nondegree or guest students should contact the College of Continuing Education Information Center at 612-624-4000 or email@example.com with questions.
Billing and Payment
When your billing statement is ready, you'll receive an email (at your University email account). Your billing shows all charges (tuition, fees, bookstore, etc.) to your Student Account and due dates.
There is no installment payment plan available in the summer.
The University offers a wide range of student resources, from study spaces to health services, bookstores to security escorts. Find additional College of Continuing Education and University resources.
All admitted and non-admitted (nondegree or guest) students are expected to follow University of Minnesota policies.
- Registration and Cancel/Add form
- Registration Request for Graduate Credit (For Nondegree Students) form
- All University of Minnesota forms
Need to find a location on campus? Visit the Campus Maps page to find University maps available by building name or street address, as well as links to parking information and driving directions.
If you would like to speak with someone about your options or need help finding and registering for a course, contact the CCE Information Center:
612-624-4000 or 800-234-6564 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-in Advising Hours: 10 a.m.−1 p.m., Mon.−Fri.