Courses for High School Students

At a Glance

Location | Courses in the high school or on campus
Credit | U of M credit
Courses | Hundreds of courses available
Transferability | Credits recognized coast to coast

Dual Enrollment

Dual enrollment programs that allow students to earn college credit while they are still in high school have grown dramatically in Minnesota and nationwide. The College of Continuing Education has two dual enrollment programs:

  • College in the SchoolsAdvanced high school juniors and seniors can earn college credit without leaving the high school classroom by taking introductory-level University of Minnesota courses. This program offers a high-quality partnership that bridges high schools with higher educational institutions like the University of Minnesota.
  • Post-Secondary Enrollment OptionsThe Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Act allows Minnesota’s high school juniors and seniors to register for regular college courses taught on campus. The Minnesota Department of Education pays for tuition and books.