College in the Schools
The U of M’s nationally accredited College in the Schools (CIS) program brings U of M faculty together with high school teachers to offer U courses in high schools.
- experience the faster pace and increased rigor of U of M courses;
- earn free college credits that are highly transferable;
- demonstrate their learning on multiple and varied assessments, throughout the course, rather than on a single, high-stakes test.
But they aren’t the only ones to benefit from College in the Schools.
- enjoy career-enhancing professional development;
- build the breadth and depth of their discipline-specific knowledge;
- have access to the U of M’s library and research resources.
- strengthen their academic departments;
- attract and retain outstanding students by offering the rigorous academic challenges they want;
- increase public awareness of their high standards.