At a Glance
Credits: 36 contact hours, 3.6 CEUs
Required Courses: 3 (5 course starting in fall 2017)
Elective Courses: 2 (no electives starting fall 2017)
Discounts: Register for all courses in the certificate at once and receive 10 percent off for a total of $2,502. (Call the Information Center at 612-624-4000 for this option.)
See FAQ for additional discounts.
Schedule: Day courses
Customized training: Courses can be tailored to meet your needs and brought on site to your location. Visit customized training or call 612-624-7261 for more information.
Businesses are seeking a way to be more responsive to the needs of their customers and have clearly identified Agile and Scrum as ways to achieve this goal. This Agile Certificate will help you develop the competencies to confidently join and contribute to a team adopting Agile methods. People who complete this certification will:
- put Agile knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to work with simulations in a team setting;
- take a deeper dive into how requirements are approached differently in Agile frameworks;
- review techniques the Agile founders have used since its inception to scale Agile and Scrum across large organizations and products;
- learn the role of leadership in Agile, and the paradigm shift Agile brings for project vs. product, individual vs. team approach, and management vs. leading;
- examine the role of “Agile Coach,” the mindset, and the behaviors a coach models while serving a team;
- learn advance methods for teams, team dynamics, and what metrics can be used to help teams understand where they are in their Agile journey.
Required Agile Certificate Courses
Register for an upcoming Agile course by clicking on the course from the list below. Courses are listed in recommended sequence.
|Required Courses (24 contact hours)||Cost|
|Agile Fundamentals (12 hours)||$900|
|Agile User Stories (6 hours)||$470|
|Agile Testing (6 hours)||$470|
Elective Agile Certificate Courses
Register for an elective Agile course by clicking on the course from the list below. To complete this certificate program you will take two of the four six-hour courses listed below.
|Elective Courses (12 contact hours)||Cost|
|Agile Scaling (6 hours) - This course will be removed from the curriculum in fall 2017||$470|
|Agile Leadership (6 hours) - This course will be removed from the curriculum in fall 2017||$470|
|Agile Coaching (6 hours)||$470|
|Agile Teams & Metrics (6 hours)||$470|
Not interested in a certificate? Courses can be taken individually as well. Additional topics include business analysis, business process, communication, human resource management, and leadership and management. Visit the professional development web page to view all courses.
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) Exam Prep
Interested in becoming a Certified ScrumMaster? Consider our intensive two-day course that will prepare you for the exam and includes a two year membership in the Scrum Alliance. Learn more.