A Growing Industry
Health care continues to be one of the largest areas of growth in hiring in the U.S. Thirteen percent of all U.S. jobs are in health care, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the U.S. will add 5.6 million health care jobs between 2010 and 2020, the largest projected increase of any industry. Twenty-three percent of health care employers report current openings in positions for which they cannot find qualified talent (CareerBuilder.com, 2013).
An undergraduate degree in Health Services Management prepares students for entry-level positions and opportunities such as
- medical office management;
- patient accounting and billing systems;
- management of provider networks;
- facility direction and marketing;
- long-term care and managed facility administration;
- insurance companies.